The starter code that we will be using this quarter is below. Some of the code is preliminary, and if a new version is posted, it will be announced in class.
- fieldViewer0.0.4 - added eigensystem method to MATRIX.
- fieldViewer0.0.3 - time stamping and manual movie writing added. Makefile fixed. some warnings silenced.
- fieldViewer0.0.2 - MATRIX and VECTOR classes added
- fieldViewer0.0.1 - the main code we will be using
- fieldViewerBasic - a stripped version of fieldViewer with no image IO or movie support. This is made available for build debugging purposes only.
- fieldViewerFFT - a version of fieldViewer with support for the Fast Fourier Transform (FFT).
- colorFieldViewer0.0.6 - added eigensystem method to MATRIX.
- colorFieldViewer0.0.5 - time stamping and manual movie writing added. Makefile fixed. some warnings silenced.
- colorFieldViewer0.0.4 - MATRIX and VECTOR classes added
- colorFieldViewer0.0.3 - random number generator (Mersenne Twister) added
- colorFieldViewer0.0.2 - animation support added
- colorFieldViewer0.0.1 - a version of fieldViewer that supports RGB colors
- viewer3D - a viewer that enables 3D navigation.
- particleFieldViewer - a marriage of fieldViewerFFT and colorFieldViewer with a liberal dose of particles sprinkled in.
- soundStarter - synthesizes the sound of a vibrating square plate.
David Adams has written up a document describing how to install the necessary libraries and build the code here.OpenTerminalHere. Otherwise when you read and write files, you may have no idea where XCode is putting things. If you are having trouble playing the output QuickTime files, try the VLC player.