Give to MAT

Financial Support

Financial support is available in the form of Graduate Student Researcher funding, Teaching Assistantships, Fellowships, and other aid provided by the university. Financial support may be paired with tuition and fee support. Offers of support may be extended at the time an offer of admission is extended, or may be available after enrollment.

Graduate Student Researcher (GSR)

A GSR is a graduate student who assists a designated faculty member with scholarly research that also contributes to the student's degree objectives. The faculty member provides guidance for the research of the student.

Teaching Assistantships (TAships)

TAs apprentice under the active tutelage and supervision of a faculty member.


Fellowships are funds provided to support the living and educational expenses of graduate study.

Financial Aid via the Financial Aid Office

Financial Aid funding is intended to help students pay education expenses such as tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, etc.